8 things to look FORWARD to this Spring
The clocks are going forward next weekend (finally) which means spring is on its way!
We may be losing an hours sleep, but there are plenty of other reasons why we should all be looking forward to this time of the year...
1. Lighter nights and longer days
This is probably one of the most obvious but one that can't come soon enough, especially as no one likes waking up and it still being pitch black outside. Now that we've survived winter for another year, it's all up from here right?
2. Easter break
After all those hectic exams and deadlines it's finally time for a well-deserved break. Two weeks where you can put your feet up and finally binge watch that series you've been dying to watch. Not to mention all those Easter eggs that need eating.
3. Lent is nearly over...
These last 40 days may have been complete torture depending on what you've given up, but don't worry, the finish is in sight. Now that it's nearly over, you can now plan for the day when you can fully indulge unless you've now realised you don't need it as much as you thought.
4. Time to put the gloves away
Resembling an Eskimo tends to be the sort of look people go for in winter, but now the temperature is picking up, it's time for the summer clothes to start creeping out your wardrobe. And yes, it is acceptable to start sunglasses shopping now.
5. Start of the BBQ season
The smell of BBQ's and freshly cut grass is just something that everyone loves. This is now the perfect time to keep an eye out for BBQ's in the supermarkets and to stock up on your favourite sausages. Just remember that we are still in England and the weather can turn at any minute, no one likes soggy buns!
6. Cheaper fruit & veg
Did you know that fruit and veg are usually cheaper in Spring and Summer? No? Well, this new piece of information may save you a few pennies going into Spring and Summer. So keep an eye out for offers on asparagus, spinach, watercress, radishes, cauliflower and spring onions.
7. Picturesque walks
Is it really spring until you've seen daffodils? During lockdown going for walks is one of the main things that have kept us sane and now spring is upon us, these walks will become a lot more picturesque with the growth of daffodils and pretty blossom on trees.
8. (Hopefully) the end of lockdown
Hopefully this spring we will begin to see shops and pubs open back up and we will be allowed to see our friends and family again. This is very exciting and we know everyone is looking forward to getting some normality back in their lives!
Just don't forget to put your clock or watch forward on 28th March - you wouldn't want to miss your 9am lecture...
- Read Next
- Foraging with ResLife - Thurs 8th April University Services Easter Opening Hours Student Union Shop Easter Opening Hours Please do not travel this Easter 8 things to look FORWARD to this Spring University Catering - Easter Opening Hours Do you have a positive relationship with your bed? How reading can improve your mental wellbeing Cooking, with cereal? Minor Injuries Information
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building?