Apps to make your life at Heriot Watt simple
With so much stuff going on as a uni student, anything to make life easier should be welcomed with open arms (or by opening an app!)
Below are five apps to consider downloading so you're armed and ready for all that student life throws at you...
- myHWU (Android / iPhone)
Everything from library balances to campus maps. This is the app you need to get on with being a Heriot-Watt student.
- SafeZone (Android / iPhone)
To keep you safe whilst on campus. Use it to send location-based alerts from your phone direct to Security Services.
- Browzer - WattLiving (Android / iPhone)
Packed full of student hacks and practical advice for living in Edinburgh and being a Heriot-Watt student.
- Transport for Edinburgh (Android / iPhone)
Bit boring but if you rely on the buses or trams, get it downloaded. Track the buses and pay for your fares using it. Super handy if you don't have any cash on you.
- Edinburgh Photo Guide (Android / iPhone)
Serial photographer? If you want to get some stunning pics for your Instagram, this app will take you on a virtual tour of some of the best photography hotspots. Ideal for showing off to your mates.
Not enough? Some others to check out...
UNiDAYS (Android / iPhone): For when you need to save some money. Show it to get some great student discounts
Maps.Me (Android / iPhone): For when you need to find your way. It works offline too!My Friends (iPhone): For when you or your friends are completely lost.
Open Table (Android / iPhone): For when you're feeling hungry and want to try something new
Buddy Check (iPhone): Bump phones with your friends before you head out and you'll be able to track them.
- Read Next
- HELP! MY CLEANER HAS GONE AWOL!! Cooking Together online! Self-isolation: Connecting with friends and family Edinburgh Campus: 27/03 Newsletter Self-isolation: Apps to pass the time New opening hours for ResLife Staying Indoors? Helpful wellbeing ideas! Current Student Resident? Latest FAQ's! Last updated 25/03/2020 at 13:07 A Student Survival Guide To Self-Isolation Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March
- THE checklist for leaving halls Moving Out of halls: What should I do with all my stuff? How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March Wellbeing Activities Semester 2 Social Thursday The events to check out in Edinburgh this October