Apps to make your life at Heriot-Watt simple
With so much stuff going on as a uni student, anything to make life easier should be welcomed with open arms (or by opening an app!)
Below are four to consider downloading so you're armed and ready for all that student life throws at you...
- myHWU (Android / iPhone)
Everything from library balances to campus maps. This is the app you need to get on with being a Heriot-Watt student.
- SafeZone (Android / iPhone)
To keep you safe whilst on campus. Use it to send location-based alerts from your phone direct to Security Services.
- Transport for Edinburgh (Android / iPhone)
Bit boring but if you rely on the buses or trams, get it downloaded. Track the buses and pay for your fares using it. Super handy if you don't have any cash on you.
- UNiDAYS (Android / iPhone)
For when you need to save some money. Show it to get some great student discounts.
- Read Next
- Edinburgh City Guide: What's on? All you need to know about the Edinburgh Festival Fringe Edinburgh City Guide: Shopping areas Banned items in your hall Hungry? Fancy a Coffee? Full list of cafes on campus! Edinburgh City Guide: The best vegan spots New on Campus - Register with the Medical Centre! Edinburgh City Guide: Museums The Bike Bothy is now open! Edinburgh City Guide: Cheap Eats
- Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building? Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes Safety & First Aid - SafeGuarding Services What to pack: International guide