Arriving in the UK? Top tips for your arrival!
You've made a great choice deciding to study in Edinburgh! It's a buzzing student city with lots to do and explore.
Moving to a different country can take a lot of getting used to though. With another culture to immerse yourself in, you will be feeling nervous and excited all at the same time.
You can purchase a lot of things here in the UK so it is best to only bring key items. Here are some tips...
- Rice Cookers: Leave these at home, not only are they banned from the UK as they use a different voltage but it'll save you lots more space. You can easily buy these when you get here in stores such as Argos.
- Food/Ingredients: There are plenty of Asian supermarkets in Edinburgh as well as World Food aisles in supermarkets.
TOP TIP: You will it to be a lot more expensive than back home so if there is a particular snack you enjoy regularly, it might be best to stock up before you leave.
- Clothing: It is best to just pack for a couple of weeks and buy the rest when you get here. Edinburgh has a huge array of clothing stores that do not cost much either.
- Medicine: One thing you may struggle to find is specific medicines. If you need anything particular, it is best to bring these with you.
- Read Next
- Baking with Liza - Pumpkin truffles (Brigadeiros) Halloween Events and Activities from ResLife ResLife Emergency Food Dating in the Pandemic - Saturday 17th Event! Free Halloween Pumpkin Carving & Photo Prize Competition! Coronavirus - Check and Reply to Emails! Planned Maintenance 5 Things You Can Do To Be More Environmentally Friendly Recycling at Heriot-Watt University Amended Catering Outlet Opening Hours Due To Current Restrictions
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Vlog your experience of halls & get £50 Upay credit! Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out?