Arriving in the UK? Top tips for your arrival!
You've made a great choice deciding to study in Edinburgh! It's a buzzing student city with lots to do and explore.
Moving to a different country can take a lot of getting used to though. With another culture to immerse yourself in, you will be feeling nervous and excited all at the same time.
You can purchase a lot of things here in the UK so it is best to only bring key items. Here are some tips...
- Rice Cookers: Leave these at home, not only are they banned from the UK as they use a different voltage but it'll save you lots more space. You can easily buy these when you get here in stores such as Argos.
- Food/Ingredients: There are plenty of Asian supermarkets in Edinburgh as well as World Food aisles in supermarkets.
TOP TIP: You will it to be a lot more expensive than back home so if there is a particular snack you enjoy regularly, it might be best to stock up before you leave.
- Clothing: It is best to just pack for a couple of weeks and buy the rest when you get here. Edinburgh has a huge array of clothing stores that do not cost much either.
- Medicine: One thing you may struggle to find is specific medicines. If you need anything particular, it is best to bring these with you.
- Read Next
- HELP! MY CLEANER HAS GONE AWOL!! Cooking Together online! Self-isolation: Connecting with friends and family Edinburgh Campus: 27/03 Newsletter Self-isolation: Apps to pass the time New opening hours for ResLife Staying Indoors? Helpful wellbeing ideas! Current Student Resident? Latest FAQ's! Last updated 25/03/2020 at 13:07 A Student Survival Guide To Self-Isolation Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March
- THE checklist for leaving halls Moving Out of halls: What should I do with all my stuff? How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March Wellbeing Activities Semester 2 Social Thursday The events to check out in Edinburgh this October