Book your arrivals slot: Scottish Borders Campus
Welcome to Jean Muir Student Village
We can’t wait to welcome you to our campus and to your new home. Please note that due to current restrictions and to ensure we comply with government and public health guidelines, the following changes to our normal arrival procedures are detailed below:
- All students arriving to on-campus accommodation must book an arrival slot
- If you are travelling to the UK from a non-exempt country you will need to self-isolate. You can do so on campus by informing the Accommodation Team of your arrival (BordersHalls@hw.ac.uk). Arriving without notice may result in delays in getting into your accommodation
- If you are exhibiting COVID-19 related symptoms, please do not come to campus, contact the Accommodation Team, as soon as possible.
- Your arrival slot will be for 2 hours and limited to one slot per person. The bookings will close 72 hours prior to the slot time, to allow us to start preparing for your arrival. You will be required to complete the Online Induction prior to arriving on campus, failure to do so may result in delays in getting into the accommodation.
If you are arriving at Edinburgh Airport from out with the UK, please leave sufficient time to collect your luggage and clear customs, this process may take longer due to additional restrictions in place. We recommend leaving 4 hours between your flight arrival time and your slot to arrive at Jean Muir Student Village. If you require assistance with organising travel to Galashiels from Edinburgh Airport, please contact our International Student Advisor Office, ISAO@hw.ac.uk.
- Read Next
- ResLife Emergency Food Dating in the Pandemic - Saturday 17th Event! Free Burrito Friday - 23rd October! Free Halloween Pumpkin Carving & Photo Prize Competition! Coronavirus - Check and Reply to Emails! Planned Maintenance 5 Things You Can Do To Be More Environmentally Friendly Recycling at Heriot-Watt University Amended Catering Outlet Opening Hours Due To Current Restrictions Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Vlog your experience of halls & get £50 Upay credit! Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out?