Collecting your belongings: Scottish Borders
For those students who have left belongings behind at Jean Muir, please read the below before coming onto campus.
As per the updated guidance from the Scottish government, it is now appropriate for the University to arrange for the collection of students belongings from our halls of residences. To ensure the safety of our students and staff this will be arranged through a booking system to enable us to manage this process in a controlled and safe manner.
Please note, we will not be allowing anyone to stay overnight on campus during the collection of belongings process and no access onto will be given unless a booking slot has been approved.
If you have belongings still left on campus, you will have the following options:
- To book a 2 hour time slot via Eventbrite - link to follow in due courseBooking slots for the collection of items will be available from Monday 29th June until Friday 10 July 2020.Please note we will only be allowing yourself and a maximum of two members of your household onto campus to assist in the collection of belongings. We advise you to bring your own personal protection (mask/ gloves).
- Request packing of your bedroom items at a cost of £100 (payable to the University). Shipping or storing of your items will be an additional cost and arranged directly through Clockwork. Please note we are unable to assist with the packing or storing of any kitchen belongings.
- You do not wish to return and therefore authorise for the disposal of items left in your bedroom.
Please can you email to provide the following information:
Student H Number:Hall:
Option as listed above - 1, 2 or 3:
Once you have replied to the above, further information will follow. Items not claimed by Friday 10 July will be disposed of in due course. Should you have any questions on this process please email email@example.com.
Thank you for your patience at this time.
- Read Next
- Around the world in 8 dishes Collecting your belongings: Scottish Borders Collection of Belongings from Edinburgh Campus Try these TikTok foodie hacks IMPORTANT - SCAM EMAIL ALERT 7 Days of Potatoes - A recipe for each day of the week! Think ahead! Explore your future Support & Advice for Students: Student Success Ebony's Vlog: Surviving Social Isolation Meals to make from your freezer
- Moving Out of halls: What should I do with all my stuff? How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? Don't be the noisy neighbour... Meal prep recipes in 5 ingredients or less!