Fairtrade Fortnight 2021
Choose the world you want this Fairtrade Fortnight!
For two weeks each year at the end of February and the start of March, thousands of individuals, companies and groups across the UK come together to share the stories of the people who grow our food and drinks. mine our gold and who grow the cotton in our clothes, people who are often exploited and underpaid.
In 2021, Fairtrade Fortnight will feel very different. 2020 has been a hard year for everyone and we know that physically campaigning and meeting people will continue to be challenging in 2021 but we have also heard from so many of you that you want to continue to support Fairtrade through this time.
The COVID-19 pandemic has shown us more than ever how interconnected we are globally. This interconnection is at the very heart of the Fairtrade message and is where our role begins. We are part of the Fairtrade movement and we have the power to drive long-term change, not only with our shopping choices but with our support in spreading the message. We just have to do this a little differently in 2021!
How can I get involved?
- Join the online festival with your friends and family.
- Use your social media power to spread the word online and add more voices. You will find posts and banners for your facebook, twitter and instagram along with this Fortnight’s key messages and FAQs to support your online campaigning.
- Get involved in the ‘Choose the World You Want’ youth exhibition in Fairtrade Fortnight 2021. Click here for more information.
- Speak to your Union, and let them know of your commitment to putting the voices of farmers and workers as the heart of the climate crisis fight. A new press release template is available now
- For more information, head to the to Fairtrade website or to the Fairtrade Festive website
- Read Next
- Minor Injuries Information Health Care information for International Students Need a dentist? Accident and Emergency Services Leaving your accommodation? Fairtrade Fortnight 2021 Free COVID Test for students Wellbeing Activities Calendar HWU Church Service Join the Scavenger Hunt
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building?