Keeping Your Accommodation Clean - Our Top Tips!
It may not be your favourite task, but keeping your student accommodation clean has so many benefits!
You can invite your friends around and be proud of your fresh and clean flat, relax in a clean and tidy room with fresh linen at the end of a long day, avoid last-minute panic tidying when its inspection time and it makes moving out at the end of term a breeze!
Here are our top tips to achieve a clean, fresh living space:
- A cleaning rota is very useful for communal areas such as the kitchen. Dividing the jobs fairly keeps things clean and reduces tension between flatmates.
- Ventilation is very important to keep your room smelling fresh and to prevent damp and mould. Open your window regularly, especially if you are drying clothes inside!
- Bicarbonate of soda is a cheap all-around cleaner. It also absorbs bad odours so try put a little in a dish in the fridge to keep it smelling fresh!
- Dirty clothes, bedsheets and towels are common culprits of bad odours - keep on top of your laundry and change your sheets regularly to keep that smell away!
- When cooking, clean as you go and wipe up spills as soon as they happen - it will save you time in the long run!
- And finally! Put on some music! It will make cleaning way more fun!!
- Read Next
- Baking with Liza - Pumpkin truffles (Brigadeiros) Halloween Events and Activities from ResLife ResLife Emergency Food Dating in the Pandemic - Saturday 17th Event! Free Halloween Pumpkin Carving & Photo Prize Competition! Coronavirus - Check and Reply to Emails! Planned Maintenance 5 Things You Can Do To Be More Environmentally Friendly Recycling at Heriot-Watt University Amended Catering Outlet Opening Hours Due To Current Restrictions
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Vlog your experience of halls & get £50 Upay credit! Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out?