Leaving your accommodation?
If your contract is coming to an end, avoid last-minute stress by following our helpful tips!
- Read your contract carefully to know the exact day and time that you will need to leave your accommodation by. If you are cancelling your contract early, read thoroughly the emails from the accommodation office for details.
- Start packing in plenty of time! It nearly always takes longer than you expect!
- You may wish to take a COVID lateral flow test before you go. This is free and available on campus every Monday and Thursday but you do need to book a slot. Find out more here.
- Make sure not to forget your food in the cupboards, fridge and freezer! Ensure you either take, throw away or give your food to your flatmates before you go. If you have long-life items such as tins you wish to donate, please contact email@example.com who may accept them for donation to a food bank.
- If you have too much to pack, household items can be donated to the British Heart Foundation in the large red containers outside your hall.
- Once you are packed, give your room a clean!
- When you leave, remember to turn off your light and close your window.
- Drop off your key at Main Reception on your way out!
From all, at Heriot-Watt University we wish you a safe onward journey and hope that you enjoyed your experience living in halls!
- Read Next
- Foraging with ResLife - Thurs 8th April University Services Easter Opening Hours Student Union Shop Easter Opening Hours Please do not travel this Easter 8 things to look FORWARD to this Spring University Catering - Easter Opening Hours Do you have a positive relationship with your bed? How reading can improve your mental wellbeing Cooking, with cereal? Minor Injuries Information
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building?