Looking after your spiritual wellbeing
As a student, it's important to look after every aspect of your wellbeing.
Do you know we have the following spaces on campus?
The Chaplaincy is open to everyone, welcoming those of any religion or of no religious faith.
We host a variety of events from trips to the Scottish countryside to world foods evenings. We host a variety of student faith groups as well as Global Church on Campus every Sunday at 11.30am. You can find the Chaplaincy opposite the Scott Russell Building on campus.
In the Chaplaincy, you can:
- Enjoy good food and great company at our social events
- Go on trips to the Scottish countryside (for international students)
- Check out our lunchtime 'Search for the Spiritual' in the Chapel
- Chill in the social area - there's tea, coffee, and a microwave available
- Join in worship in the Chapel or in the nearby Muslim Prayer Room
- Drop in for a chat about anything - confidentiality assured
- Practise playing in the Chapel, or bring your own instrument
On campus, you'll also find our Muslim prayer room, complete with ablution areas for both male and female students
The Friday congregation prayer (Jummah) is held in Oriam (Sports Hall 2) and is open to all male and female students. There is also a Muslim Society, which aims to support to every Muslim student's spiritual and social welfare and increase an understanding of Islam within the whole community.
- Read Next
- British Pie Week Fairtrade Fortnight 2021 FREE Covid Test for students Wellbeing Activities Calendar HWU Church Service Join the Scavenger Hunt The books getting me through lockdown 3.0 LGBTQ+ charities available to you Wellbeing Activities Accommodation reference
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building?