Packing for uni: The clothing essentials
Making sure you pack everything you need can be stressful, so we've put a list together for all the clothing essentials to keep you going for the first few months...
- Winter coat
- A light jacket (to throw on if you're heading to lectures and it's not cold enough for a big winter coat)
- Hat, scarf, gloves (waterproof gloves can be useful if it snows)
- Hoodies and jumpers
- T-shirts/ shirts and other tops
- Joggers/ leggings
- Trousers/ jeans and shorts/ skirts
- Smart clothing (if you go for a job interview)
- Shoes (going out/smart shoes, boots, trainers etc)
- Dressing gown
- Sports clothes/ swimwear
- Fancy dress outfits
As it'll be autumn/winter when you arrive, and knowing the English weather, you won't need any of your summer clothes during these months so save yourself some wardrobe space and bring these to uni when you next visit home.
If you do forget anything don't worry, there are plenty of cheap clothing shops where you can pick up anything you need!
- Read Next
- Deep Cleaning of RSH, CMW & CME vacated rooms from August 11! Welcome to Edinburgh campus! What to do in the event of a fire... What to pack guide: International style How to connect to the WiFi in accommodation Top tips: Kitchen cleaning Packing for uni: The clothing essentials Feeling anxious about starting uni? Pre arrivals: All the uni supplies you NEED Around the world in 8 dishes
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? Don't be the noisy neighbour... Meal prep recipes in 5 ingredients or less! Apps to make your life at Heriot Watt simple