Pre arrivals: All the uni supplies you NEED
Whether you're coming to uni in September or January your first task when you arrive will be to unpack...
And if you don't have everything you need, it's only going to make life much more difficult.
If your first term is online you may not need these things yet but it doesn't mean you can't start looking, you may be able to shop around and get things at the best prices.
Here's a list of everything you need:
- Duvet, duvet covers
- Pillows, pillowcases
- Bed sheets, mattress cover
- Bring spares!
- Comfortable clothing for lectures or just lounging around, e.g. the three J’s: jumpers, jeans, joggers.
- A selection of clothes suitable for different weather conditions
- Fancier outfits that you may wear out for an event
- Pyjamas/dressing gown
- Wash bag, especially if you’re sharing a bathroom
- Soap/shower gel
- Face wash and moisturiser
- Razors/shaving foam
- Bedroom lamp
- Phone and phone charger
- Laptop and laptop charger
- Washing up liquid
- Rubber gloves
- Food (bring some essentials for the first few days)
- Towels (hand and body)
- Toilet roll/toilet brush
- Toilet bleach/antibacterial spray
- Laundry basket
- Stationery/notebooks/folders (something you'll definitely need if your lectures are all online)
Now that you've got a list of things you need to buy to make your new flat a functional home, it's time to get shopping!
Don't forget that you can print this out or screenshot it to use it as a shopping list!
- Read Next
- Deep Cleaning of RSH, CMW & CME vacated rooms from August 11! Welcome to Edinburgh campus! What to do in the event of a fire... What to pack guide: International style How to connect to the WiFi in accommodation Top tips: Kitchen cleaning Packing for uni: The clothing essentials Feeling anxious about starting uni? Pre arrivals: All the uni supplies you NEED Around the world in 8 dishes
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? Don't be the noisy neighbour... Meal prep recipes in 5 ingredients or less! Apps to make your life at Heriot Watt simple