Running Routes on Campus
We all have those days when the thought of getting off the sofa and doing some exercise is too much of a chore. However, Heriot-Watt make it easy to get up and go!
You don't have to worry about mapping routes to get in your morning jog or evening stroll, we've done it for you.
We have several jogging courses marked through the woodland on campus. Starting and finishing outside the Oriam, they're well used and mean you can mix it up! There are four routes all covering different lengths so depending on how energised you're feeling, there's something for everyone.
- Route 1 (1 mile / 1.7 km)
- Route 2 (1.5 miles / 2.4km)
- Route 3 (2.5 miles / 4 km)
- Route 4 (3.1 miles / 5 km)
You can get a printed map from the Oriam or take a look at Google Maps.
Not much of a runner?
Not to worry, we also have five other routes to explore. A perfect way to get familiar with campus, we have the Tree, Landscape, History, Art and Bird Trail to try. With 380 acres of parkland, there's more than enough to keep you busy!
- Read Next
- International student focus group Haggis, Neeps and Tatties Introducing Upay Try vegan this January Wave goodbye to those January blues Lockdown 2.0 - What's new on Netflix? Return to Campus 2021: Information and Advice Exam tips How to cope with your 'winter blues' International Student Arrivals
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Celebrate Burns Night from your flat Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Try vegan this January Wave goodbye to those January blues How to cope with your 'winter blues' Budgeting your money