Running Routes on Campus
We all have those days when the thought of getting off the sofa and doing some exercise is too much of a chore. However, Heriot-Watt make it easy to get up and go!
You don't have to worry about mapping routes to get in your morning jog or evening stroll, we've done it for you.
We have several jogging courses marked through the woodland on campus. Starting and finishing outside the Oriam, they're well used and mean you can mix it up! There are four routes all covering different lengths so depending on how energised you're feeling, there's something for everyone.
- Route 1 (1 mile / 1.7 km)
- Route 2 (1.5 miles / 2.4km)
- Route 3 (2.5 miles / 4 km)
- Route 4 (3.1 miles / 5 km)
You can get a printed map from the Oriam or take a look at Google Maps.
Not much of a runner?
Not to worry, we also have five other routes to explore. A perfect way to get familiar with campus, we have the Tree, Landscape, History, Art and Bird Trail to try. With 380 acres of parkland, there's more than enough to keep you busy!
- Read Next
- Deep Cleaning of RSH, CMW & CME vacated rooms from August 11! Welcome to Edinburgh campus! What to do in the event of a fire... What to pack guide: International style How to connect to the WiFi in accommodation Top tips: Kitchen cleaning Packing for uni: The clothing essentials Feeling anxious about starting uni? Pre arrivals: All the uni supplies you NEED Around the world in 8 dishes
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? Don't be the noisy neighbour... Meal prep recipes in 5 ingredients or less! Apps to make your life at Heriot Watt simple