THE checklist for leaving halls
If you're leaving halls, make sure you and your flatmates do all the following before heading home...
- Check all items listed in the room inventory are in your bedroom and report any repairs to maintenance.
- Organise to redirect your mail, you don't want to miss out on your Amazon orders! If you have accidentally sent your parcel to halls and it is being sent through Royal Mail, please contact Reslife so they can forward it back to sender, so you can get your money back. If it is delivered by couriers, then please contact the courier company to make alternative delivery arrangement.
- If you need it, look into removal and storage facilities. Heriot-Watt does not have luggage room facilities on campus. You can find details for external companies on screens and leaflets at entrances to each hall
- Arrange a rota with your flatmates to make sure communal areas are clean and tidy. Don't leave it to the last person to leave!
- Change your address at the university registry and GP
- Give your bedroom a good clean and take out all personal belongings
- Lock all doors and windows and switch off all electrical appliances
- Donate any unwanted belongings to the British Heart Foundation. Bag them and slot them in to the big red bins outside/next to your hall.
- Donate any unopened and in date food to the local Food bank. Drop them into the Food bank crates located next to entrance of every building.
- Defrost the freezer and remove all food
- Finally, don't forget to return your key or card to main reception!
- Read Next
- HELP! MY CLEANER HAS GONE AWOL!! Cooking Together online! Self-isolation: Connecting with friends and family Edinburgh Campus: 27/03 Newsletter Self-isolation: Apps to pass the time New opening hours for ResLife Staying Indoors? Helpful wellbeing ideas! Current Student Resident? Latest FAQ's! Last updated 25/03/2020 at 13:07 A Student Survival Guide To Self-Isolation Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March
- THE checklist for leaving halls Moving Out of halls: What should I do with all my stuff? How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Judie's Top 5 Places to Eat in Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Suspended face to face teaching from Wednesday 18 March Wellbeing Activities Semester 2 Social Thursday The events to check out in Edinburgh this October