What do I do if I get locked out?
Hopefully, it never happens to you, but just in case, here's what you need to do...
If you have your student ID card and it is before 8pm (Mon - Fri) or 5pm (Sat - Sun), you can:
- Go to the Main Reception who will issue you with a temporary key or card
If you don't have you have your student ID card and it is between 8am and 11pm, you can contact the Residence Life team by
- Contacting the Safeguarding Services on 0131-4513500 or pick up the red phone or press the enquiry button on your Safezone App.
- Visiting the Residence Life Hub in Christina Miller West.
If you are locked out between 10pm and 8am, please contact Safeguarding Services by calling 0131 451 3500 or pick up a red phone or press the Enquiry button on your Safezone app.
Locked out at Scottish Borders?
- If you lose your key, you can contact SafeGuarding Services 24/7 on 2046 or visit the control room and a member of the SafeGuarding team will help you out.
Stolen or lost keys?
- You must report this to the Police and to SafeGuarding Services by calling 3500 or go to the Main Reception. For Scottish Border students, call SafeGuarding Services on 2064
- Read Next
- Baking with Liza - Pumpkin truffles (Brigadeiros) Halloween Events and Activities from ResLife ResLife Emergency Food Halloween Pumpkin Carving Competition Coronavirus - Check and Reply to Emails! 5 things you can do to help save the planet What you can and can't recycle in halls Amended catering outlet opening hours Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting Spending Halloween in halls: Netflix picks
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Vlog your experience of halls & get £50 Upay credit! Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out?