What you can and can't recycle in halls
Confused about recycling? Here are some tips to help you ...
- Paper and unwanted mail
- Clean cardboard and clean drinks cartons(Small amounts of cardboard can be placed in the food bin (if available) too)
- Clean plastic bottles, tub trays etc.
- Clean cans, tinfoil and empty aerosols
- Plastic bags, wrappers, crisp packets, clingfilm
- Paper towels
- Plastic plant pots and toys
- Glass (This is recycled separately)
- Food contaminated cardboard/paper
If you’re unsure here’s a link to Edinburgh Council’s guide to recycling: Click Here
You can even download our Recycling poster which has all the guidance in detail:
Remember the FIVE Rs: Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, Repurpose, Recycle
- Read Next
- How to deal with Exam stress? HW Union Support on campus Life at Edinburgh Campus Staying Healthy Packing for university: What NOT to bring Packing for university: What to bring Before you arrive Your Hall: Campus Map Your Hall: FAQs
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Vlog your experience of halls Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out?