Your Hall: FAQs
No doubt you have some questions about your new home. Luckily, we've got the answers...
- What's my new address?
Your hall name (Muriel Spark, Anna Macleod, Christina Miller East, Christina Miller West)
- Where can I do my laundry?
The laundry room is either external to the building or somewhere in your building, for directions head to the Residence Life hub or visit wattliving.co.uk. You need to purchase a card to use the machines - it costs £2.90 per wash and £1.70 per dry. Watch this video, it explains everything you need to know!
- Where do I collect my post and parcels?
Your post is delivered to your mailbox once a day, Monday to Friday by the logistic team. Parcels and signed for letters sent through Royal Mail should be collected from the Residence Life hub in Christina Miller hall.
- Do I have a cleaner?
Cleaners clean all public areas every week but it's yours and your flatmate's responsibility to leave these areas in an acceptable condition for staff to clean.
- Can I bring my car?
Residents will be unable to park cars on campus so please don't bring your car with you. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What about my bike?
Bicycles need to be kept in the designated bike shelters and NOT in flats, bedrooms or hallways. You'll need to bring your own chain/lock and we recommend taking out bike insurance.
- What do I do if there is a problem in my flat?
Speak to the Residence Life team who are always available for a chat.
- What happens if I feel unwell or showing Covid-19 symptoms?
Please stay in your room and contact the Safeguarding as soon as possible. Health and Safety team will be in contact soon to provide you with more support. If possible, limit your visit to the kitchen to minimise contact with your flatmates.
- What happens if my flatmates are unwell and showing COVID-19 symptoms?
Please contact the Safeguarding team as soon as possible, and one of us will be in contact soon to provide you with more support.
- I have been asked to self-isolate by the University...
If you are asked to self-isolate as per the government’s travel requirement, then we expect you to have prepared for the two weeks mandatory self-isolation. This includes letting us know in advance so we can support you during your isolation period.
- Read Next
- International student focus group Haggis, Neeps and Tatties Introducing Upay Try vegan this January Wave goodbye to those January blues Lockdown 2.0 - What's new on Netflix? Return to Campus 2021: Information and Advice Exam tips How to cope with your 'winter blues' International Student Arrivals
- How to have (and keep) a happy, student house Advice From a Graduate: Budgeting THE guide to Edinburgh Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Celebrate Burns Night from your flat Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Try vegan this January Wave goodbye to those January blues How to cope with your 'winter blues' Budgeting your money