Before you arrive at Heriot-Watt
So your first few weeks at uni go as smoothly as possible, there are some things you'll want to get sorted before you arrive.
Our WattLiving site is jam-packed full of information, including everything you need to know ahead of arriving on campus...
- What to pack - a handy checklist
- What NOT to bring - items not allowed in your accommodation
- GP Registration - do this as early as possible so you don't have to do it if you get ill!
- Confirm your insurance cover - not the most exciting but very important
- Getting online - you can sign up for your wi-fi before you even get here
- Halls FAQs - covers everything from laundry to getting locked out!
- Get familiar with your surroundings - take a look at the campus map so you know what to expect
If you have any questions or queries about your arrival and living in halls please do not hesitate to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read Next
- What's in my bag? Jio's uni essentials Life before university Weekend Wanderer | Farmers Markets & The Meadows Mid-autumn festival 5 things to sort before moving to uni Edinburgh bookshops tour The Potter Trail Edinburgh City Guide: Best group activities Getting around in Edinburgh
- Packing for university | What to bring International Supermarkets in Edinburgh What not to bring to halls THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot-Watt Running & Walking Routes on Campus Get to know: Edinburgh Campus We're on the lookout for Digital Creators! What's provided in a Traditional Building? Heriot Watt Accommodation Tour Vlog What to pack: International guide