Halloween Pumpkin Carving Competition
Add this event to your calendar
Boo - Spooky season is here!
Halloween might look a little different this year, but the fun of pumpkin carving remains an enjoyable and creative activity! Our ResLife Team has free pumpkins (x1 per flat) for carving, with the option to enter into our photo prize competition!
Pumpkins will arrive on Monday (18th October) and can be collected from the Residence Life Hub, in Christina Miller West building. No email reservation - no pumpkin! To secure your pumpkin email us at: email@example.com.
To enter the photo competition, simply email a photo of your finished pumpkin to firstname.lastname@example.org for your chance to win Upay vouchers! Entries will be judged by our ResLife and Safeguarding teams. Entries close 31st October, with winners announced early November.
- Whilst this is a fun and enjoyable activity, please ensure you are careful whilst carving - take your time and ensure safety comes first!
- The University accepts no responsibility for pumpkin related injuries once collected and the activity is at your own risk. If you do happen to hurt yourself or require first aid, please contact our SafeGuarding Team for assistance - they are available to help 24/7!
- Remember, you must only submit a carving of your own!
If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
- Read Next
- Follow Jean Muir Student Village on Instagram! Samhuinn Fire Festival - 31st October Heading into the city? Follow these steps to stay safe on a night out Pumpkin carving competition at JMSV Reslife Game night Black History Month – Prizegiving, Games Night and Pizza Black History Month – Competition Time! Cooking Class with Warden Akil! Sat 30 Oct, 12 noon Microaggression? - What's that?! LFD test kit
- Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building? Running Routes on Campus Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes