Looking after your spiritual wellbeing
As a student, it's important to look after every aspect of your wellbeing.
Do you know we have the following spaces on campus?
The Chaplaincy is open to everyone, welcoming those of any religion or of no religious faith.
We host a variety of events from trips to the Scottish countryside to world foods evenings. We host a variety of student faith groups as well as Global Church on Campus every Sunday at 11.30am. You can find the Chaplaincy opposite the Scott Russell Building on campus.
In the Chaplaincy, you can:
- Enjoy good food and great company at our social events
- Go on trips to the Scottish countryside (for international students)
- Check out our lunchtime 'Search for the Spiritual' in the Chapel
- Chill in the social area - there's tea, coffee, and a microwave available
- Join in worship in the Chapel or in the nearby Muslim Prayer Room
- Drop in for a chat about anything - confidentiality assured
- Practise playing in the Chapel, or bring your own instrument
On campus, you'll also find our Muslim prayer room, complete with ablution areas for both male and female students
The Friday congregation prayer (Jummah) is held in Oriam (Sports Hall 2) and is open to all male and female students. There is also a Muslim Society, which aims to support to every Muslim student's spiritual and social welfare and increase an understanding of Islam within the whole community.
- Read Next
- Celebrating Burns Night in Edinburgh Sustainable re-sale shopping apps Chinese New Year events Chinese New Year - Year of the Tiger Room Decor 101: Personalising your Pinboard Indoor plants to keep in your uni room Creating a Distraction-Free Study Space What to bring to a study session 5 Sustainable Clothing Brands for Women Follow Jean Muir Student Village on Instagram!
- Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building? Running Routes on Campus Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes