Our top 5 LinkedIn learning courses
Did you know, that as a student of Heriot-Watt, you have access to LinkedIn Learning?
Find the link on your myHWU homepage and browse the hundreds of courses available. Not just academic skills, but useful for all areas of your life.
We have listed our top 5 LinkedIn courses here:
- Embracing Unexpected Change
In this short 15 minute video, Dr Todd Dewett explains how you can harness the power of change for your benefit and the benefit of those around you. Learn how to put change in the proper context, create the right perspective, and ultimately become more resilient.
- Succeeding in University: Effective Skills to Navigate University Learning
This series of courses covers 5 skills to make the most of your time at university - Time Management is key to Self Management, Critical Thinking, Academic Writing, Communication Accounts for 85% of Success and Presenting your Work.
- De-stress: Meditation and Movement for Stress Management: Out of your mind
Instructors from Desk Yogi lead you through grounding techniques to clear your mind while you’re seated at your desk. Practice the ancient art of Qi Gong, discover how to centre yourself with your breath, and relieve pain and fatigue with stretching and massage.
- Communicating Across Cultures -Overcoming cultural bias
Heriot-Watt University welcomes students from across the globe. Learn how to adapt your communication style, overcome hidden bias, and build rapport with fellow students from around the world.
- Improve Your Microsoft Excel Skills
Increase the number of skills you have and improve your spreadsheet expertise by expanding your use of the versatile features in Microsoft Excel. Learn how to work smarter with this essential business tool. Master working with formulas, charts, PivotTables, and more. This is a series of 4 courses:
- Read Next
- Celebrating Burns Night in Edinburgh Sustainable re-sale shopping apps Chinese New Year events Chinese New Year - Year of the Tiger Room Decor 101: Personalising your Pinboard Indoor plants to keep in your uni room Creating a Distraction-Free Study Space What to bring to a study session 5 Sustainable Clothing Brands for Women Follow Jean Muir Student Village on Instagram!
- Josh's 5 ways to get fit on campus Poppy's Kitchen: Super smoothie Budgeting your money Social Thursday THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt What do I do if I get locked out? What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building? Running Routes on Campus Quick and Easy Vegetarian Recipes