Running Routes on Campus
Spring has sprung and the sunshine is out! If you're a keen runner or just enjoy a stroll, Heriot-Watt has the ideal routes already set up for you.
You don't have to worry about mapping routes to get in your morning jog or evening stroll, we've done it for you.
We have several jogging courses marked through the woodland on campus. Starting and finishing outside the Oriam, they're well used and mean you can mix it up! There are four routes all covering different lengths so depending on how energised you're feeling, there's something for everyone.
- Route 1 (1 mile / 1.7 km)
- Route 2 (1.5 miles / 2.4km)
- Route 3 (2.5 miles / 4 km)
- Route 4 (3.1 miles / 5 km)
You can get a printed map from the Oriam or take a look at Google Maps.
Not much of a runner?
Not to worry, we also have five other routes to explore. A perfect way to get familiar with campus, we have the Tree, Landscape, History, Art and Bird Trail to try. With 380 acres of parkland, there's more than enough to keep you busy!
- Read Next
- Jubilee Celebrations in Edinburgh Mental Health Awareness Week - Loneliness Are you getting ready to move out? Recycle with these high street brands! Exam Tips for Students Exam tips Cherry Blossom Season in Edinburgh LGBTQ+ Friendly Spaces in Edinburgh Sustainable re-sale shopping apps Room Decor 101: Personalising your Pinboard
- Cherry Blossom Season in Edinburgh THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot Watt International Supermarkets in Edinburgh Running Routes on Campus Get to know: Edinburgh Campus What's already provided in my halls? What's provided in the Contemporary Building? Help, I'm locked out! Picking up parcels & mail Day in the life at Heriot-Watt