Cookie Consent by


What do I do if I get locked out?

By BzBarlow 18 Nov 2020

Hopefully, it never happens to you, but just in case, here's what you need to do...

If you have your student ID card and it is before 8pm (Mon - Fri) or 5pm (Sat - Sun), you can:

  • Go to the Main Reception who will issue you with a temporary key or card

If you don't have you have your student ID card and it is between 8am and 11pm, you can contact the Residence Life team by

  • Contacting the Safeguarding Services on 0131-4513500 or pick up the red phone or press the enquiry button on your Safezone App.

If you are locked out between 10pm and 8am, please contact Safeguarding Services by calling 0131 451 3500 or pick up a red phone or press the Enquiry button on your Safezone app.

Locked out at Scottish Borders?

If you lose your key, you can contact SafeGuarding Services 24/7 on 2046 or visit the control room and a member of the SafeGuarding team will help you out.

Stolen or lost keys?

You must report this to the Police and to SafeGuarding Services by calling 3500 or go to the Main Reception. For Scottish Border students, call SafeGuarding Services on 2064

BzBarlow profile picture

BzBarlow part of the Browzer team and loves to bake.
View All Posts

Popular topics in Accommodation