What you can and can't recycle in halls
Living in halls means it's up to you to make sure you're recycling the correct items.
It's really important that you and your housemates are doing all you can to help the environment. Below is a list of the items you can and cannot recycle in halls.
- Paper and unwanted mail
- Clean cardboard and clean drinks cartons(Small amounts of cardboard can be placed in the food bin (if available) too)
- Clean plastic bottles, tub trays etc.
- Clean cans, tinfoil and empty aerosols
DO NOT RECYCLE
- Plastic bags, wrappers, crisp packets, clingfilm
- Paper towels
- Plastic plant pots and toys
- Glass (this is recycled separately)
- Food contaminated cardboard/paper
- Read Next
- What's in my bag? Jio's uni essentials Life before university Weekend Wanderer | Farmers Markets & The Meadows Mid-autumn festival 5 things to sort before moving to uni Edinburgh bookshops tour The Potter Trail Edinburgh City Guide: Best group activities Getting around in Edinburgh
- Packing for university | What to bring International Supermarkets in Edinburgh What not to bring to halls THE guide to doing laundry at Heriot-Watt Running & Walking Routes on Campus Get to know: Edinburgh Campus We're on the lookout for Digital Creators! What's provided in a Traditional Building? Heriot Watt Accommodation Tour Vlog What to pack: International guide